Exploring Life (with God)

A struggler tired of living life by "expectations." Questioning, wondering, exploring how God is recreating my life to be more genuine.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Some Learnings on a Journey --

It has been about 3 months now since I left my teaching and administrative position at Northern Seminary to discern the next phase of my life and ministry. On this "sabbatical" I am developing ears to hear and eyes to see things about myself and God that were somewhat hidden from me due to the business and "boxed in" times of my life over the past 5 or so years.

Something I am realizing is that most of the more fruitful times in my spiritual journey have involved being and dialoguing with others. Putting my thoughts out there in a blog can be a solitary thing, and yet it becomes community-oriented when others begin to join in the dialogue by reading and commenting. However, this can be a random approach to community because it is dependent upon whoever stumbles onto my site to read and comment -- which is a good way to meet new people. However, I also realize that over the years I have been in relationships with people who have contributed to discovery in my journeying with Jesus Christ, and hopefully I have contributed to their journeys as well. I think it is important, then to reconnect with my community, extended over time and space -- perhaps through a blog such as this, so that we can remain in conversation with one another.

There is a certain discipline to writing regularly, one in which I still have a long way to go to master, but I think may come easier for me if I can be in regular dialogue with a community. I am planning on inviting those who have been my conversation partners over the years -- from long ago to recent -- to read and to comment on these musings (or ramblings) so that we can be in conversation together.

I am sure I will get more out of this discipline than those who join me, but I hope I am able to share in others' journeys as well. For those of you who join me in this - -thanks in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home